Monday, November 30, 2009

Close Encounters of the Deer Kind










Well, for the first time in my life, I had a car accident and at the same instance I had my first encounter with a deer!! Needless to say, this was NOT fun! I was driving my husbands jeep to lunch Sunday after church, around 1pm with my aunt and uncle in the back seat. We were on our way to meet my parents for lunch at the lake. Well, as the title of this post describes, we were hit in the side by TWO deer!!! I can honestly say that I have never been so scared! I managed to get the jeep safely out of the road and keep it under control. However, in this process, the drivers window (my window) was shattered as well as the back cargo window on my side along with the mutilation of the drivers rear view window!!! Thankfully that was the extent of the major damage! No one was injured (praise God!) and the jeep was not totaled!

These are pictures taken right after the accident! As you can see...it was bad, but could have been so much worse!!! Thankfully the driver window has safe glass and didn't shatter on my face!!! Needless to say, We will be vaccuuming out glass for a good while!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like Tiger Woods' wife got a hold of your jeep! Glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car was in a tornado and it broke all the glass in my car. It took me about a year to get all the glass out. Yikes I'm glad you are ok. :)

    ReplyDelete